Tuesday, March 5, 2013

How good Are You !!!


"Ideas come from somewhere.People don't come up with these ideas from nowhere. Something triggers your thoughts" - Lazaro Hernandez 
The quoted lines are kind of true in my case,especially this post.I was really planning to write a new post after the debacle of my previous one. The task was quite hard..either i had a good idea and my flow was pathetic or the idea was a fiasco and my writing skills was totally good. Well now something happened and i suppose the frequencies have matched. That was due to the trigger which occurred that made my mind ticking.

It was when this particular person asked me 'how good a writer are you' for which i replied 'i shouldn't be bragging about myself'.The conversation drifted elsewhere but the thought kept hovering which made me realize what is wrong in bragging about oneself. Of course some people i know would not feel the same way which is why i define them as 'obnoxious snobs'.But now i realize why do we feel that way about certain people,is it because they spoke too much about themselves that it made us jealous or is it 'baihua or the empty talk'.

Me being a self obsessed person (yes i admit!!) realized that there is a thin line between bragging and empty talk.Obviously too much of bragging isn't really acceptable by anyone.But then another question pops up,what about the quality called modesty or being modest.Now modesty and modest are two totally different scenarios.A person who is modest doesn't want to draw attention where as the person who is succumbed to modesty is just termed as shy.Now let me stop sounding like some document from Google. I really am sort of deviating ain't i?!!

So my question is that is it really that bad to brag although it varies with situations,like for instance a person should surely blow their own trumpet in an interview.I myself have done that..everyone does which is of course the corporate term for confidence.But why is it that we hesitate to do it with strangers or someone whom we just acquaint with.Is it really that bad to tell them 'yes am really good at this'.The ME factor should be high at all stakes. That was what i realized..if we really want to show people that we are good at something we should speak up for ourselves and then of course make it happen!! 

Its not bragging if you can back it up !! Finally i would dedicate this post for that particular person who made me write it !!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the facts in it but at the end it just dragged us towards real bragging, I don't think you always need to brag just to show that you are good in something to strangers. I think brag is not the right way to communicate your capabilities, it just comes up when u simply talk. Although fellow communicator should be a good observer and listener for it.. :)

sandhya_charm said...

why am I smiling at ur post? we both know the reason, and yeas, dedication huh?

ALOO said...

excellent :) and with such good english and control over vocabulary u got , nothing wrong in bragging about it :D